Mistakes are Redirections


I just concluded a tournament I had prepared for a long time, but the results weren’t what I hoped for. I was aiming for my 4th straight tournament win, yet the streak came to an end. Naturally, I felt frustrated, replaying every move in my mind that could have turned into a score for us.

But then I asked myself: will dwelling on that really help me in the long run? I could be sad, I could be frustrated, but at the end of the day, I cannot stay stuck there. Winning requires adjustments and recalibration.

I also remembered those early business days when we were still home-based, and there were times we ended with zero sales. We felt defeated, but we chose to adjust and persevere. And today, we now have a café. That experience reminded me that in life, when we fail, it doesn’t mean the end—it’s simply a redirection toward the things we truly want.

This is true not only in sports or in business, but in all aspects of life. Failure isn’t final; it’s a step that redirects us toward the goal we’ve set.

As Marcus Aurelius said: “The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way.”

Written last April 2025


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Panatang Makabayan

How Fitness Changed My Life